We are seeking a fully registered Transformational Teacher to be based in our Children's Village at Stand Children's Services; Tu Maia Whanau Gisborne.
We are looking for an experienced teacher with a successful practice record working with children and who understands children and young people whose lives have been affected by trauma.
As trauma can have a severe, long lasting impact on children's overall development, we expect this applicant to demonstrate competency in:
- Understanding and building relationships that can heal and restore
- Transformational practice
- Trauma informed care
- Achieving outcomes
- Bi-cultural practice
- Safeguarding and promoting the education of children
- Providing therapeutic education
- Working with a range of people in an integrated environment
- Managing information
- Communicating and engaging effectively with children, young people, families and schools
- Initiative, creativity and flexibility
The role involves working in collaboration with a range of professionals, providing education for children and upholding the standards of practice that support the delivery of child and family centered care and education. Promoting excellence, developing and delivering education services that promote lifelong learning will be the key to the success in this role.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a fully registered teacher. You will need to supply your registration number.
You will also be required to complete a Police Vetting Form and have a clean full Drivers Licence
We are a smoke free working environment and offer equal employment opportunities.