Family Practitioner - Family Therapy Christchurch
Stand is a charity that provides a nationwide intensive wraparound service which includes therapy for children who have experienced trauma and their families. The focus of the Family Therapy Service is to address trauma and associated challenges for children and young people through a therapeutic and multi-systemic approach to facilitate change within the family/whanau, school and their community.
We are looking for a skilled practitioner to join our Family Therapy Service in the role of Family Practitioner covering the Christchurch service areas. This is a fulltime role.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- A registered (or able to be registered) practitioner in social work, counselling, family therapy or related
- Experienced, knowledgeable and culturally competent to work with vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Able to quickly assimilate new models of service delivery, build strong working relationships, and deliver on work priorities.
- Able to deliver and/or learn Stand's practice models, including: trauma-focussed CBT; Mulitsystemic Family Therapy; Theraplay
- Confident in Microsoft office and database systems skills.
- Flexible, a team player and highly motivated to achieve results.
Stand offers a great working environment and a chance to contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealand's most vulnerable children and families.
You are welcome to visit and discuss this role informally. Please contact: Heather: 029 7770891