Community Social Worker
The Community Social Worker role is responsible for assessing and analysing the needs of children (5 - 12 years) and their families.
The role has a strong therapeutic social work focus, is community based, child-centered and aims to support the restoring and strengthening of social and emotional wellbeing so children and families can manage past and present experiences.
The key skills required for this role include:
- An understanding of therapeutic social work and relational trauma
- Being familiar with child development and the impacts of abuse, neglect and attachment
- The ability to walk alongside children and families in a supportive way, advocating for, resourcing and coordinating services.
- Capable of supporting families with enhancing and building parenting capacity
- Able to work independently utilising tools and theories to inform practice
- Willing to contribute to and participate in a team environment
- Strong time and case management skills, able to work to and meet deadlines
- A high standard of literacy and quality documentation
- Full Driver's Licence
- Fully registered social worker or working towards registration
Stand provides a supportive team environment, 5 weeks annual leave entitlement after one year employment, Social Work registration fees paid and commitment to ongoing learning with internal training and professional development opportunities.
Previous applicants need not apply.