Family Therapy Practitioner Part Time
Stand is a charity that provides a nationwide intensive family wraparound service, which includes therapeutic care and education for vulnerable children and young people as well as a Family Therapy Service.
The focus of this service is to achieve a reduction in risk and an increase in protection for children and young people through a therapeutic and multi-systemic approach to change within the family/whanau, school and community.
We are now looking for a person to join our Family Therapy Service in the role of Family Practitioner covering the Tauranga area. The work hours available are 32 hours per week.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- A counsellor with experience in family therapy
- Hold a Masters Degree in psychology wanting to further therapeutic career
- Social Worker (registered or able to be registered) with experience in family therapy
- Experienced, knowledgeable and culturally competent to work with vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Able to quickly assimilate new models of service delivery, build strong working relationships, and deliver on work priorities
- Confident in Microsoft Office and database systems skills
- Flexible, a team player and highly motivated to achieve results
Stand offers a great working environment and a chance to contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealand's most vulnerable children and families.