School Development and Family Worker
Full time, fixed term until June 2021
The Mana Ake - Stronger for Tomorrow initiative aims to work with and through school communities to support families and whanau when children from years one to eight are experiencing ongoing challenges that are impacting on their wellbeing.
This is an exciting Christchurch initiative which will make a significant difference at the preventive/development end of wellbeing/mental health.
This role will suit someone who has the following:
- Skills and experience working with and developing groups and communities, including children, parents and teachers
- The ability to work within a team across with a cluster of schools
- A professional registration - this role would suit people from a variety of backgrounds, with a development focus, including Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Allied Health, Teaching
- IT, data base, case management systems
- Confidence in working independently and as part of a varied team
- Experience in the mental health field an advantage
For more information contact: AJ 022.0606628