Community Social Worker
The Intensive Family Team here at Stand Pakuranga is looking for a motivated, capable, child centred Community Social worker to join the team and work alongside tamariki (5-12 years) and their whanau.
The Community Social Work role is responsible for building relationships with whanau, children, and all agencies involved in a child's world while assessing, analyzing, co-ordinating and delivering a wraparound service. The role has a strong therapeutic social work focus, is child centered and aims to support the restoring and strengthening of social and emotional wellbeing so tamariki and whanau can manage past and present experiences.
The key skills required for the role include:
- A Social work qualification - be fully registered or working towards registration.
- The ability to build relationships - walk alongside children and whanau in a supportive way, advocating for, resourcing, delivering and co-ordinating services.
- An understanding of therapeutic social work and relational trauma.
- Familiar with child development and the impacts of abuse, neglect and attachment.
- Ability to manage case work effectively and independently.
- Contribute positively to our supportive team culture.
- Strong time and case management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- A high standard of literacy and quality documentation.
- Full clean driver's licence.
- Social Work Registration Board and ANZASW fees paid
- Internal training and professional development opportunities
- 5 weeks annual leave entitlement after one year employment
- Vehicle for community visits, mobile phone and laptop
You will also be required to complete Police and Oranga Tamariki Vetting forms.