Social Worker - Intensive Family Service
Stand Tū Māia works to support tamariki who live with whānau or are in care, and are vulnerable to cumulative harm and have complex needs. The service aims to break the cycle of toxic stress and remove the constraints to whānau flourishing. We aim to do this by taking a bio-psycho-social, spiritual and nutritional approach to tamariki and whānau restoration and preservation. We strongly believe that healing relationships and social connectedness is at the heart of our mahi. Responsibilities will include working with a variety of cultures including Māori and Pacifica, and all staff are expected to demonstrate cultural humility and a commitment to restoration of whānau as a form of Te Tiriti redress
Stand Tū Māia are calling for applications from people committed to restoring and preserving tamariki and whānau safety and wellness who can bring:
- Commitment to biculturalism and the promise of equity laid down by Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Demonstrated ability to deeply engage, walk alongside and offer consistent kindness to tamariki and whānau
- An understanding of therapeutic social work, systems theory and the impacts of relational trauma
- Consistent attention to safety and wellbeing which underpins all aspects of practice.
- Familiarity with child development and the importance of healthy attachment
- Be open to understanding and valuing Te Ao Māori
- Belief in the importance of partnership
- Commitment to professional supervision
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently utilising tools and theories to inform practice
- A high standard of literacy demonstrated in case recording, assessment, analysis and child and family plan documentation
- Full driver's licence
- Full Social Work Registration and current practicing certificate
We offer a strong sense of team, good working conditions, a genuine commitment to wellbeing and significant training and professional development opportunities. We celebrate and seek diversity and inclusivity.
As an employee of Stand Tū Māia you will be a Pou Māia nō Tū Māia. This means we will stand together side by side, shoulder to shoulder in achieving our vision. Together we are resilient, strong and confident pillars of the house of Stand Tū Māia.
The position is full time and is based in Auckland. When applying you will be asked to address the key competencies of the role and provide a covering letter along with your CV.
For more information check our website link below or, for an informal chat or visit, contact the IFWS Team Leader / Pou Heke, Ann Voykovich on 09.534.4017 or email Ann Voykovich@standforchildren.org.nz